Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Kitchen envy

Daughter is having an extension built and today I went with her to look at kitchens. And now I have kitchen envy. (I don't really as I am very happy with mine but I did like the pink one.)
Now if you saw this in a kitchen showroom in amongst all other the kitchen samples what would you think?
I asked the salesman if many people bought the glass-fronted cupboards - I couldn't believe anyone would - and he said they were just for display. I didn't think it was a particularly stupid question.

But I did like this cunning cwtch for dogs built into the design. Good marketing.
On the way home in the car I said to Daughter, 'I don't think the salesman liked me,' expecting her to say, 'Don't be silly,' but she didn't. 
'No, I don't think so either,' she said. 'It made me think he was only being nice to people who were likely to spend money.'

So I wasn't being paranoid. Does that mean all the other times I think people don't like me ...

And that reminds me: I must email the kitchen company HQ to ask why they don't use proper china cups for customers when they offer them hot drinks. I asked the salesman (perhaps that's why he didn't like me) and he said they had proper cups but they'd been told to use paper.

Email sent.

4 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Given the probable cost of some of their kitchens, you'd be unlikely to be able to afford food if you installed one.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I don't know if I would want pink cupboards. Makes me think of Pepto-Bismol.

Liz Hinds said...

True, Sonata.

Now you've done it, Debra.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Thems fightin' words, eh?