Friday, October 02, 2026

Two Dinner Syd

Before I went to the course the other evening I fed Syd his regulation one third of a mugful. During the evening my phone was off/turned down/on vibrate so, of course, I missed all the phone calls from Husband asking if Syd needed to be fed.

As a result Syd got a second dinner of half a mugful, which he scoffed down. He is going to be another George.

We have a book in the playroom called Six Dinner Syd where Syd goes from house to house being fed. That's actually about a cat and I really hope we never get to that situation with Syd!

* * * * *

I went to a Macmillan Cancer coffee afternoon in the church hall today. I offered to make a cake but as I'm bored of always making the same ones I decided to take time over it and do something different. It had to be rhubarb because we still have lots but this time it was rhubarb and custard meringue cake.

I either over- or under-whisked the meringue because it didn't keep its shape very well but, even so, I was pretty pleased with the result.

Until I cut it. It seemed a little bit soggy. I don't think it was under-cooked so it might just have been the mixture. 


However I doubt that Nigella ever got into this mess.





No comments: