Saturday, October 03, 2026

Sunny days and rainy nights

I am so thankful for the sunny days we've been having. It's meant we've been able to spend lots of time in the garden wearing Syd out and encouraging him to do his wees there. Also I've been able to get lots gardening done.

I've finished clearing the raspberry bed. Dug up lots of bindweed roots but there'll always be more. Still it's looking better now.

Notice the rhubarb still going strong. And as for the tomatoes . . .

The freezer is already full of tomato sauce, and these later ones aren't so sweet-tasting.

I've also managed to plant up several tubs of daffs and tulips outside for Spring, and pansies for now. I've even planted hyacinth bulbs for Christmas! They're currently in the shoe rack under the stairs.

Grandchildren have been around today so Syd is pretty tired.






2 comments:

Kathy G said...

Children do have a way of wearing out animals :-)

Boud said...

Syd playing at breaded chicken.