Well that was a shock to the system.
I got up and out to Sainsburys early (9.30). I haven't been on a big shop there for ages relying these days on delivery or Click & Collect. They've changed locations and labels and, oh, you know, there were people. It was quiet when I got there and very quiet at the far end of the store by the time I reached that. But then I had to go back to the beginning to pick up something I forgot, and the noise, and the people. Urgh.
It's back to delivery for me. I only went this time because I'd forgotten to do an order and needed things for this evening.
* * * * *
I don't know if anyone's following events in Clacton this week. The current MP stood down to avoid a parliamentary investigation into his finances. I refuse to mention his name but he was leader of the Reform party and is a thoroughly horrible chap. Since being MP for Clacton I am led to believe that he's not held any constituency meetings and his appearances in parliament have been rare, as he prefers to go to America to show his support for T***p. Enough said.
Anyway having resigned and necessitated the expense of a by-election, he's standing again. The other major parties refused to put a candidate up against him and his main opposition comes from a man in a dustbin. Count Binface has stood as a joke candidate in any number of by-elections but this time he actually has a chance of winning. One poll put him ahead of he-who-shall-not-be-named (HWSNBN) and I don't mean Voldemort.
Count Binface is actually an Oxbridge-educated writer and someone who would do a good job. Sadly it's not really very likely that he'll win but HWSNBN will either lose to a bin or re-become an MP and have to face the investigation - and possibly end up in prison. They say he thought that if he resigned and then was re-elected he wouldn't have to undergo the scrutiny, which is why he pulled this stunt.
* * * * *




7 comments:
Yes, I've heard of that by-election and I sincerely hope Count Binface wins! This is rhe first time I've seen Binnie's real name and face so thanks for that, Liz.
Only in Britain.
Go Binface Go
I've also written a post about Clacton for tomorrow. I'd love ii if Count Binface won.
I do more online shopping than anything else.
Seems to me that if a person is suspected of something they should be investigated whether they resign their position or not
Your figs look tasty! It's hard to find fresh ones in my area.
I read jabblog's post about the Clacton election and thought maybe it was a joke. Now I see it's real and "Count Binface" seems to be the right choice. I hope it all goes well.
Love,
Janie
He actually seems a reasonable alternative.
Post a Comment