Thursday, October 10, 2024

oh oh


"It's okay, Moo-cow, we're just walking past. You carry on eating the grass. Nothing to see here."

She must have liked us as she rounded up her pals and followed us down into the valley. I was never nervous of cows but Daughter's anxiety - mostly about the dogs - causes me to be more circumspect. So we came back a different way.

Arrived home to find an email that made me want to punch something. I began to reply then stopped, took a deep breath, and put it aside to reply later. I tried not to be impulsive! But I did email another recipient of the same email and grumbled, "I am really cross with J!"

* * * * *
Had a nice chat with Younger Son in Italy. We don't seem to have spoken properly for ages so it was lovely to catch up. He's doing a triathlon on Sunday, his first since he's been in Italy. He told me that, if he'd known, he might have done the Cheese Run instead. Apparently runners have to carry a 5kg cheese along the route. It costs 99 euros to enter but you get breakfast and lunch and get to keep the cheese.




3 comments:

jabblog said...

Cows can be dangerous, especially if they have young. Every year, people are killed by cows. Your daughter is right to be circumspect.

Boud said...

I was a little kid in the country and learned to respect cows! They're big and can be irritable.

Kathy G said...

I am not a runner, but could pretend to be one if someone gave me cheese :-)