Thursday, October 10, 2024

Instant gratification

Husband has thousands of flower pots of all shapes and sizes. Many of them were littered around the garden and have been driving me mad. So I had a clear-out this afternoon. (I was still mad about the email and needed physical work.) I also began clearing a patch behind the greenhouse so we can put a gardening table - as opposed to garden table - there.

I think it's the instant gratification of clearing that makes it my favourite bit of gardening. Planting is all well and good but you have to wait for weeks or months to see the result. Or even if anything will grow. But a nice clean empty piece of earth, wonderful.

Every time I think the raspberries must have finished they provide me with a few more. Not a lot but enough for some cake for Zac's.

And this is having a second burst of flowers bringing some welcome colour to the garden.
Also just finished watching Ludwig. Wonderful show. Highly recommended if you can get it.


3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That must have been a doozy of an email! You're wise to calm down before responding.

jabblog said...

Physical work helps to chase the demons away.

Boud said...

Gardening and sorting will help you avoid saying something you might regret!