Friday, October 11, 2024

Definitely not a breeze

I saw something on social media yesterday that suggested the Northern Lights might be visible. Then when I got the clothes in off the line later on the sky was beginning to clear and I thought, "Could be a good night for viewing the aurora." Then I went to bed and forgot all about it.

This morning I got up to be faced with all the photos from local friends who'd seen it. I feel like the only person in the world who hasn't caught a glimpse yet. At least person who wants to and hasn't. Ah well.

Husband had a check-up appointment with the ear consultant this afternoon (all good, come back in four months) so while he was out I carried on with the garden clearing. I wish to make an official complaint.

Who on earth thought breeze block was a good name for something that should be called heavier-than-lead block? 

Who's in charge of these things? To whom should I direct my complaint?

And it's not as if I'm a lightweight. I regularly tote 15kg boxes of potatoes around in Zac's, without blinking an eyelid. Or straining a muscle. But I only managed to move one breeze block from one end of the garden to the other before thinking, "That's enough for today."

* * * * *

I was listening to a programme on the radio yesterday about laughing. An artist was creating a sound image of laughter by asking random people to step under her chuckle umbrella and laugh for her. It's quite hard to laugh on demand but laughing is infectious. Especially a baby's laugh. 

When I went to the Greek cafe last week I spent most of the time trying to get a baby to laugh. A random baby, belonging to strangers who just happened to be sitting behind me. A big smile was my reward.

Do you remember The Laughing Policeman? That was an infectious laugh too.

* * * * *

This was about the last rose stem on the bush and the blooms were too heavy so the stem had bent over so I picked it.



3 comments:

jabblog said...

Gorgeous rose.
Nothing beats a baby's chuckle - so delightful.
We missed the Northern Lights here, but it's so unexpected this far south.

Ann said...

I didn't even know about the Northern lights until this morning when I saw all the pictures on Facebook.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The northern lights are going full on here too right now, but I'm too old to be up and about late at night to see them. So alas, they are passing me by.