Monday, September 02, 2024

Watch out for the . . .

Looking for a photo - that I still haven't found - I discovered that my first visit to Zac's for a bible study was October 3rd 2006. That's nearly 18 years ago. No wonder I'm feeling tired.

I also found this snippet from 2013:

For once it was a quiet and small group, and the study went well. It was an easier topic - what sort of fruit are we producing?- than we've been dealing with recently (love your enemies and not being judgemental) and I wanted it to be very affirming, which I think it was - until ... there always has to be an until in Zac's.

One gentleman - no, man - decided it would be appropriate to give something that should have remained private a public airing. I couldn't make myself heard over the resulting rumpus to bring it to a halt until Kay yelled at everyone to shut up. He scuttled off at the end and, apparently, still seems to think that he did us a service. Afterwards it was a shame that discussion of the rumpus replaced what should have been more encouragement and affirmation leaving a slightly sour taste. Even the deliciousness of the cake didn't altogether wipe out the memory. 

What is truly frustrating is that I have no idea what it was he did! My imagination has come up with some suggestions though . . .

* * * * *


So we took Toby to the vet this afternoon. His paw is healing - the red bit is healing skin apparently - but she gave us a cone for him to stop him licking it.

Me: I thought it was good for them to lick their wounds?

Vet: No, their mouths are full of bacteria.

He's allowed to go for short walks on the lead on the pavement so I took him out in his cone this afternoon. He managed pretty well, a few walls and hedges excepted, until we got home. 

His cone got caught on each step as he tried to come up.



9 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Toby does not look pleased, but it's for his own good.

Abby said...

Toby either needs a smaller cone or longer legs when dealing with the stairs.

jabblog said...

Dogs and cats get so depressed when they have to wear cones. I hope Toby can soon be released from his, if he doesn't' release himself in the meantime.

Boud said...

They hate cones. I can't say I blame them. I'd be crabby if I had to wear one.

Anvilcloud said...

The cone is like bad medicine.

Kathy G said...

Toby and the Cone of Shame.

Marie Smith said...

Oh how the grand-dogs hated those cones. Hope Toby heals quickly.

Ann said...

Aw, poor Toby. I had a cone for Gibbs once and I couldn't even get it on him.

Chris said...

Poor Toby, looks so uncomfortable