Tuesday, July 16, 2024

What our dreams tell us

Having mentioned my toilet dream a few nights ago I felt compelled to see what the 'experts' had to say.

Generally they seem to point to repression of creativity. "Overall given this dream is repeated then it speaks to repression of your desire to express yourself, and to creatively move forward in life."

Much as I hate to say it there might be something in that. 

Since publishing my last book I haven't done any writing at all, not fiction anyway. I've been thinking about it, now and again, and putting it off. "What's the point? Very few people ever read what I write. And it's probably rubbish anyway."

In my saner, less pessimistic moments, I know that doesn't matter. I write primarily because I want to, because I have stories in me. Yes, of course, I'd love to be a best-selling author, but that's not going to happen any time soon. (Maybe I'll be a posthumous hit.)

So, yes, I need to find a clean toilet, and flush away my negativity. We all know how lovely it feels when . . . how can I put this? When you've had a particularly satisfactory visit to the bathroom. You feel lighter and renewed, ready to begin again.




6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's a very profound dream interpretation! Right on! Write on!

jabblog said...

So, to avoid a recurrence of the dream, you'd better get back to filling the blank page. I suspect you have other things on your mind at the moment, though.

Abby said...

That interpretation makes total sense. Creative constipation.

Ann said...

interesting interpretation.

Anonymous said...

Piss awful solution!

Anvilcloud said...

Sue has repeated dreams of being lost or at least not being able to get where she's going. Even after two decades, I have dreams of being confused and unprepared for the classroom, usually on the first day after summer break.