Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Figs and the future

I've mentioned before a little boy whose life I've been involved in since birth, through Zac's. His life hasn't been the best but tomorrow there's to be a little tea party to celebrate the finishing of something. I was invited, and also asked if I would make a cake. The real cake has his name on the left.

I hope and pray he writes it wisely. 

My original plan was to do a front cover but somehow it developed into this.

* * * * *
Husband brought a big juicy fig in from the garden. It was delicious.

* * * * *
It's my oldest - as in known longest - friend's seventieth birthday today. I plan to pop to see her and suddenly realise I still have her Christmas present in the other room.

I'll have to go to Mumbles first to get a card so perhaps I'll go to the library at the same time. Last night I put aside the book I was reading. I don't like any of the people in it and can't be bothered to find out what happens. So it might be an acclaimed literary thriller but it's doing nothing for me. 



7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Another lovely cake! And I love figs too. Happy Bday to your friend on her Milestone Birthday!

Boud said...

You have a fig tree?? I'm so envious.

Anvilcloud said...

So, you do actually give a fig --- as it were. 😊

jabblog said...

Our very productive fig tree died suddenly a few years ago. I don't like figs, but my husband enjoyed them.
I never used to abandon books I was reading. I do now.It's not as though there's an examination at the end of it.

Kathy G said...

I'm sure everyone will enjoy your cake.

Ann said...

I like the cake.

Leonardo Hugo said...

Financial Restoration Through the help of Pedro, a loan officer working with a reputable loan company his email address: pedroloanss@gmail.com also talks to him via WhatsApp: +393510140339. That's his Email. I'm Leonardo Hugo, an agronomist who was able to revive his dying Livestock Feed Manufacturing through the help of a God Sent lender known as Pedro Jerome the Loan Officer. I want you to know that his Service is the right place for you to resolve all your financial problems because I am a living testimony, and I can't just keep this to myself when others ask for a way to be financially lifted. I want you all to contact this God sent lender using the details as stated in order to be a partaker of this great opportunity and also, they work with a good/reputable bank that wire money transfer without delay into my account.