Tuesday, May 07, 2024

Hermits

I knew Sean from Zac's was going to the concert too so when he tweeted he was looking forward to it I commented, "See you there!"

It was a joke because how likely was it that we'd see each other amongst the 50,000 people attending?

Husband and I were just heading for the gate of the stadium when a voice called, "Liz!"

Yes, it was Sean. 

We saw him again ten minutes later, inside the stadium this time. I also bumped into an old friend, Sue. 

What are the chances?

It was a largely grey and bald audience although quite a few young people in the mix too. We're all there waving our arms (or arm in my case) to "Tramps like us, baby, we were born to run," and I'm thinking, "A more unlikely bunch of tramps born to run you'd be hard-pressed to find than the doctors and teachers and respectable church-goers in the audience."

* * * * *

Yesterday I had a lovely walk with Elder Son and today I walked with Daughter. 

The tide was very low at Pobbles and in one of the rock pools I spotted a family of hermit crabs.


There was what looked like a film crew at Pobbles. We wondered if they were recording an item for the news about the sewage discharges that have been happening recently. The water companies are highly criticised for giving their executives bonuses while not repairing leaks.



It didn't deter several people from swimming though on this, one of the first really warm days of the year. Daughter and I will swim soon! (I am writing that here to make me do it.)





4 comments:

Boud said...

Funny about meeting in that crowd. I imagine the reason for the selective audience is the cost, tickets, travel, parking. The actual tramps couldn't get in.

Are you going to risk that water? It looks lovely, but considering the current situation, I'd think twice.

jabblog said...

The hermit crabs amused me. They move quite fast, really.

Kathy G said...

I never see people I know when I'm out.

Anvilcloud said...

Once upon a time, my daughter ran into (so to speak) a friend at a market in London. They were both far away from their homes in Calgary, Canada.