Wednesday, May 08, 2024

What is it?

We spent a lot of time wandering to and fro in the Principality Stadium before the gig. First of all finding the way to our seats - it doesn't help that the stair numbers on the wall bear no relation to the numbers on the tickets - and then, having decided to get food before sitting down and trying to find an outlet that had moer interesting food that on offer as standard. 

Frustratingly there were food outlets outside the stadium but inside the ticket gates. We had walked past them on our way in but at that point hadn't made the food decision. Do you think we could get back to those outlets? Everywhere we tried, "No, you can't go through here." One old man on the gate was particularly stroppy. "There's food inside." 
"We don't want that food."
"It's the same on all the levels."
"We don't want that food. We just want to get through this level to access that bit I can see through the fence."
"You're not allowed in this level; your tickets are for level 6." (Which was complete rubbish as we'd walked through all the levels already.)

We gave up in the end and Husband had a hot dog - not as bad as it looked - and I had chicken strips. Just chicken strips. No option of chips or anything with it. They were okay just boring.

Anyway, rant over. I wasn't going to remind myself of that irritation before what was an amazing evening but I remembered a sign I saw. I didn't take a photo because I had my tickets on my phone and that was stressful enough, and I assumed I'd see it again on the way out, but didn't. So this is what I remember of the sign. 

It was sticking out from the wall and just along from it there was a sign for the ladies' toilets. It sort of looked like someone praying but not quite. (You may have to blur your eyes a bit to see it as a person at all.)

I've checked and there doesn't seem to be a prayer room in the stadium - could have come in useful during the last rugby season - so I don't know what it signifies. Any ideas?


4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That sign stumps me too!

jabblog said...

I think my comment went astray. It looks like a sign for spacehoppers.

Boud said...

Slippery floor?

Ann said...

Not a clue