Wednesday, April 24, 2024

The best laid plans

The plan was to get to Zac's early and calm.

I set off late (I was dilly-dallying) drove down the road, remembered I'd forgotten Alexa - if you recall I very cleverly set up a play-list for the evening - did a u-turn and rushed back home. Sprinted into the kitchen, unplugged Alexa, called to Husband that I'd come back for her, Husband said, "Alexa won't work there will she?"
Stopped in my tracks. "Won't she?"
"She needs the internet."
"But I've downloaded a playlist so can't she just play that? Zac's has the internet anyway, I'm going."

Arrived at Zac's late and stressed.

Plugged Alexa in, asked her to play the playlist. "I need the internet," or words to that effect.
Stu who was making tea said, "Use your app."
I looked at him vaguely. "I don't have an app."
"Well, download it from the app store."

Ten minutes later having struggled to find my phone number because I didn't know my Amazon password it sends an email to me. I could access my emails but it would take another ten minutes and we don't have that time. 

"Blow it. I'll play a song on my phone."

The idea was to play some music while the guys drew or wrote something inspired by the words anchor, hope, promise. I wasn't sure how they'd respond but most took part enthusiastically. I'm planning to create a collage to hang on the wall at Zac's so I'll show you that when it's done. 

Meanwhile enjoy some delicious blueberry muffins.



6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Technology can be so frustrating. At least you had delicious muffins!

Marie Smith said...

Glad you had some music after all, Liz. Technology is frustrating for me too.

Anvilcloud said...

Once my Alexas (I have three) are set up, I let them be. Fiddling around with them is beyond my brain capacity.

Kathy G said...

I hate it when a plan I've come up with doesn't work, but then I try to remember that everything happens for a reason.

Ann said...

I've resisted doing the whole Alexa thing.

Liz Hinds said...

I have plenty of fights with Alexa! But she's useful sometimes.