Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Many Tears

After cooking in Zac's this morning I decided to take a run (in the car) out to a nearby dogs' home (Many Tears). We sometimes get given quilts or blankets* that we can't use, sleeping bags being the preferred option, so I'd messaged the home and asked if they could use them for the dogs. They said yes so I loaded up and headed out. 

How I managed to come home without a dog I don't know. Well, apart from the obvious that they do house calls and interview you first to make sure you're suitable. I was almost in tears. So many of the dogs there were used just for breeding and then they're dumped. They're not house-trained or used to human company as they are kept in sheds. I don't know why it's not illegal.

* * * * *

Having a cleaner I am now looking at things around the house with her eyes. The state of my tea cosy would keep a super-clean person awake at night. So I treated myself to a new one!




7 comments:

Marie Smith said...

It must have been hard to see the poor dogs who had been used as they were. I hope things are better for them now in new homes.

Abby said...

I avoid dog rescue shelters because we do NOT need another dog, but how can I resist?
My brother adopted a dog who'd been used strictly as a breeder until she aged out - Rhodesian Ridgeback. She needed to learn "everything", but was the sweetest dog.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love the new sloth tea cozy! Yes, you got your money's worth out of the old one. Time to let it go!

jabblog said...

Cleaners keep you on your toes. It's time we had one again . . .

Ann said...

The life some of these dogs have to lead is heartbreaking

Liz Hinds said...

There are just so many dogs in the shelter including puppies and pregnant bitches.

Anvilcloud said...

Got your comment. 👍