Tuesday, April 23, 2024

To do or what to do

The to-do list I wrote myself this morning. 

The plan was that I should continue working on prepping for study tonight and then take a break and do my to-dos.

Pay Bev (cleaner) Tick.
Swansea bookshop (a lovely lady has created a website for Swansea authors to advertise their books and she'd agreed I could send her links to mine, so that was what I had to do.) Tick.
Rwanda write to MP (our MP, whom I have contacted before about the government's atrocious plan to send refugees to Rwanda, and who was in full agreement with my views, failed to vote in last night's crucial final vote, and I wanted to know why.) Tick.
Shingles jab (second one to be booked). Tick.
? (I had something else on the list when I was thinking about it upstairs but when I came down it had disappeared into the abyss of my brain.) No tick.

The 9am scribbled next to the ? refers to my appointment not the ?

Now to bake cake for this evening and think of something to do with frozen chicken thighs for dinner.

9 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You're a ball of fire this morning!

jabblog said...

If I write a 'to do' list, I feel as though I've done enough for the day!

Anvilcloud said...

Shipping people to Rwanda?

Ann said...

Good job on getting through the to do list.

Boud said...

This is a ball of fire to do list. Particularly since you completed it.

Abby said...

Check marks! So satisfying.
Beware that shingles jab. The second hit is a doozy, in my case anyway.

Anonymous said...

I must admit that the whole Rwanda bit has been puzzling to me.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Liz, I keep forgetting that commenting by phone omits the ID step. Cop Car

Liz Hinds said...

AnvilCloud, a number of refugees fleeing persecution travel across the English channel in small boats - paying lots of money to unscrupulous people and risking their lives in treacherous conditions. The government responds - if they're caught - by putting them in prison-like camps and now they have this appalling and very expensive scheme to fly a small number of refugees out to Rwanda, a country recognised as unsafe for LGBTQ people and others. There has been uproar and battles against it. The UN has said Britain is breaking international law but the Tories don't care.