Monday, April 29, 2024

Lacking oomph

As I might have mentioned we're going to see Springsteen in Cardiff on Sunday. A fancy entered my head and I thought, "How nice it would be to stay there for the night, do a bit of touristy stuff on Monday before driving home."

This morning I looked at hotels. Prices ranging from £200 (not actually in Cardiff) to £2,000 for one night made me change my mind.

Meanwhile, preparing my talk for Sunday, I think I have gathered almost all the words, just not in the right order yet.

Struggling a bit today to get motivated.

I phoned the GP surgery this morning to check on two things. First to confirm the time of my appointment tomorrow, the second to find out if the doctor I spoke to about my hearing question actually referred me to the audiologist as she said she would: she hadn't seemed to know how to go about it when she said it.

You'd think with everything on computers these wouldn't be difficult questions to answer. The first one wasn't although it would have been a lot quicker if she'd just had to flip over a page in an appointments book; the second one, well, I gave up in the end. I'll try again tomorrow when I'm in the surgery in person.



9 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Those hotel prices would deter me too!

Boud said...

I wonder there are any people left who can afford those hotel prices. I hope you enjoy Bruce! He's one of ours, NJ boy.

Anonymous said...

If you are looking for somewhere easy and convenient to park for Bruce Springsteen on Sunday, I can recommend a spot (a person's driveway), bookable through JustPark. It's a 10 minute walk to the Princiapility Stadium and £8 for the day. We're using it for a gig in Cardiff Castle later on in the year - parking in the city centre will be a nightmare. If you visit the JustPark website and search for your location as Cardiff Castle and Sunday's date, it will pop up. It's a space on Clos Dewi Sant.

jabblog said...

Lots of people have more money than sense!

Ole Phat Stu said...

Off topic, but this video might interest you Liz.
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/imkPCbZIC-A

Ole phat Stu

Ann said...

Could be lots of people in town for the Springsteen concert and they jacked the prices up to take advantage of it.
Hope you get your questions answered

Liz Hinds said...

Thank you, Anonymous. I had a look and everything within a 2-mile radius is booked!

Thank you, Stu. It was interesting.

Anvilcloud said...

There's a whole otherworld out there of people who can afford hotels.

Anonymous said...

I’m staying with my brother and sister in law, though if they see the prices they may let the room instead!