Friday, March 29, 2024

The joy of libraries

Walking on the beach with GrandDaughter2 we talked about Easter crafts with the result that she spent the day with me yesterday doing some.

The downside was that there wasn't a huge selection in the shops; the upside was, what there was was half-price. So I was able to indulge GrandDaughter2.

After McDonalds for lunch we came home and set about creating. Now, you won't believe this but I did some sewing! I told GrandDaughter2 there aren't many people I'd sew for. She should consider herself lucky. Yes, they were only little bunnies with holes already made for the stitches but I did it!

Then we made Easter cookies with some shape stampers we bought. Again I forgot to take photos. And they've all gone now. So we had a jolly time. 

* * * * *

Part of my belated Mother's Day gift from Daughter was a copy of Garner's Quotations.

"The America I loved still exists at the front desks of our public libraries." (Kurt Vonnegut Jr, A Man without a Country)

"Of course it's all right for librarians to smell of drink." (Barbara Pym, Less Than Angels)

Two of the cleaner quotations.

* * * * *

I asked Daughter for a photo of the crafts in situ.

See the sewed bunnies on the mantelpiece!

5 comments:

Kathy G said...

Very nice sewing work.

Marie Smith said...

The mantel looks great, crafts and all.

Ann said...

Crafting is always fun and having a crafting partner makes it twice as nice. Love all the things you made together.

jabblog said...

That's a pretty Easter display.

Abby said...

You had a busy day! Well done.
I really appreciate libraries. I'm sitting in one right now because tutor student, "Oh my gosh, I totally forgot!! Okay if I'm about 30 minutes late?!" *Sigh*, at least I'm at the library.