Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Where tupperware goes to die

Thank you for all your lovely comments on my photo. (Of course I posted it to get compliments!) And it's good to know lots of us feel the same. Good but also sad. 

Now tell me, is there a land where tupperware escapes to to live a merry life away from the everyday drudge of carrying food? Or do aliens not have it on their planet so they come here in the night and steal ours? But if that's the case they must have different uses for it - as art maybe to decorate their walls or for baby aliens to use as sledges - because they never take matching sets.

A few of Zac's boxes

The only box big enough for the lentils didn't have a lid. And that's another thing: why don't they have standard sizes for tupperware boxes so, whatever the brand, lids fit? Every one of those boxes you can see is a slightly different size. Literally millimetres difference, but just enough to need its own special lid.

Rant over. Here are some flowers from our walk in Clyne Gardens yesterday.





5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Nothing is as frustrating as Tupperware and its lids!

Janie Junebug said...

Lovely flowers! I am a Tupperware connoisseur. I treat my Tupperware with such tenderness that I am never missing a lid. When my Tupperware isn't holding food, I store the lids with the containers.

Love,
Janie

Liz Hinds said...

We thought we did too, Janie.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thankfully, I do not own any Tupperware, but do have a few no-longer-made Rubber Maid containers. Slowly but surely they are being replaced by glass Pyrex containers, which unfortunately also use plastic lids. have been able to replace a couple by looking on Amazon. Looks like you enjoyed a nice walk with some colorful blooms.

Ann said...

Not too long ago I had to clean a cupboard out and get rid of all the bowls without lids and the lids with no bowl.