Sunday, December 03, 2023

A bit of a drip

The pantomime was great! And my grandsons were wonderful of course! 

The disadvantage of going in the afternoon is the number of children and associated talking and sweet-opening noises; the advantage is hearing them get so involved with the production and screaming at Peter Pan not to drink the poison.

I'm already looking forward to going to see it again on Friday evening.

I came home to find water dripping from the light in the kitchen. I ran upstairs where Husband had just got out of the shower. It was too late to do anything then so currently he's upstairs trying to get at the pipes underneath the shower tray to see if he can repair it without having to call a plumber. (Oh for goodness sake! Grammarly questioned my use of 'got out of the shower' suggesting it should be 'gotten'.)

Now we have a birthday tea party for Husband this afternoon. And then my week of going out out or otherwise celebrating will be done. And I've survived. 

8 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, you have been a real social butterfly this week!

Boud said...

Gotten? An ugly usage mostly frowned on by grammarians nowadays. Who designs this grammar app??

I love little kids' getting involved in the show. They add a lot!

Cop Car said...

I feel faintly ignorant when I use "gotten" - but, of course, use it anyway!

It has been so long since I last read or saw a production of "Peter Pan" that I've forgotten nearly all of the story line: such as the poison.

It does sound like you had fun and good on you.

Anvilcloud said...

Grammarly must think that you are writing a formal essay.

Marie Smith said...

I love shows where the young audience is into the performance and calls out. Such a wonderful unscripted part of the show.

Ann said...

Oh no on the plumbing problem.
Grammarly questions a lot of things I type and even insists that certain words are spelled wrong when I know for a fact they are not.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Me thinks that despite what grammerly suggested that it doth protest too much as we all understand the situation, Liz.

Abby said...

Peter Pan is a fun one to see live, I bet the little kids in the audience had really gotten into it (in case grammerly's listening). I'm sure your Grandsons did great!