Sunday, June 11, 2023

Loosing the beast

Yesterday Husband grumbled at me for cutting down some of the bushes; today he tells me we're going to get a man in to clear the back completely and put up a fence.

It's quite a big job with several trees and tall bushes to be removed, but it will give me a whole new canvas on which to work. I foresee a rosy future.


Meanwhile the gooseberries are flourishing as is the rhubarb. We already have a freezer-full of both so I am going to have to be creative.

The raspberry patch is coming along well - helped by George's ashes - and we should get plenty of fruit.

That is if I can win the war against convolvulus. I don't think I am a vindictive woman but I hate convolvulus and its insidious clingy creeping squeezing vines.




5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

A big fence will be great!

Abby said...

A new clearing and fence sounds exciting. And yes, a big job!

Marie Smith said...

We picked rhubarb from our patch yesterday. Such a lovely taste of spring.

Boud said...

I thought I'd commented, maybe not, anyway you're about to have a great gardening caper! Lovely growing against a fence.

Ann said...

A new fence. Looks like your efforts the other day worked out well.