Saturday, June 10, 2023

Not at all predictable

Looking a bit better having cleared away five bags of twigs.

I asked Husband if he fancied going to the garden centre this afternoon expecting him to say, "No, it'll be too busy."
To my surprise he said, "Yes, okay."

Ten minutes later he said, "I don't think it's a good idea to go today. Wouldn't it be better to go on Monday when it's not so busy?"

So that's what we're doing.

I plan to plant a rambling rose at the back in the hopes it covers the wall, and then some shade-loving plants in front as it's quite a shady part of the garden. And in the meantime we'll put a tub of pretty flowers in the bit on the left until I get it cleared and re-planted.


 

8 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Good plan!

Boud said...

I wonder if he suddenly remembered it's Saturday! You're doing heroic work there.

Abby said...

That's a good sized project!
Your husband realized that old saying, "nobody ever goes there, it's too crowded"

Anvilcloud said...

Retirees tend to avoid shopping on the weekend. At least we do.

Marie Smith said...

We avoid weekends at 5e garden centre too. Good idea!

Ann said...

That looks like a lot of work but the effort will be all worth it in the end.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post