Monday, June 05, 2023

In case of emergency . . .

don't ask me for help.

Back to exercise class this morning for the first time for over a month - not all my fault. A bit of a shock especially on such a warm morning, and it was probably the heat that caused the older lady working next to me to be unwell.

I had my phone on me as it's linked to my heart monitor so I volunteered to call 999. After they'd established the person concerned was breathing and conscious (but only just) they wanted all sorts of information. All went fine until they asked for the postcode of the hall - someone eventually found that - and then he wanted a number they could call back on if necessary. 

Honestly you'd think with all the modern technology available they'd know what my phone number was; I didn't. I said, "Hang on, I'll try and find it," and promptly cut myself off. 

Fortunately by this time the lady was feeling much better and very insistent that I wasn't to call an ambulance as they were too busy and she was fine anyway. 

I gave her a lift back to her car - she point blank refused to be taken to the doctor's or home - and empathised with her when she said she was embarrassed. I said that it was a good job her little turn hadn't involved blood or I'd have been on the floor with her. I told her about the time I'd fainted while visiting a friend's husband in hospital. My friend insisted Husband should come and collect me but I said, "He won't come, he's watching rugby." And I was fine.

I have called the ambulance services back and cancelled the ambulance, just in case. 

So, in case of emergency, don't call me.

* * * * *

The Generous Gardener climbing rose from David Austin

Wollerton Old Hall climbing rose from David Austin


4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's a lot of drama for the first day back at exercise class! P.S. gorgeous roses!

Boud said...

David Austin roses rule!

Anvilcloud said...

I would have thought that they'd be able to pinpoint you quickly and precisely.

Ann said...

Don't feel bad. I'm worthless in emergency situations myself.