Saturday, June 03, 2023

"Dirty old man"

Our MP is being investigated after claims that he is a sex pest. From what I've read it sounds as though he is guilty of the sort of thing many of us had to put up with in work in the seventies. 

It is so depressing. I thought he was one of the good guys. He votes the way I want him to, he replies to my emails - I'm sure a standard reply but polite nevertheless - and generally seemed okay. But it seems, allegedly, that when he has a drink inside him he becomes a leering touchy groper.

We have to wait for the outcome of the inquiry to find out if these allegations are true of course, but the state of politics these days is enough to make a hyena cry.

P.S. Anyone remember Harold Steptoe calling his father, Albert, a "dirty old man"?

5 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

How disappointing for you. At least it seems that he knows better when he is not drinking. But still …

Boud said...

Every time I hear about yet another, I think it's just all men in politics, and we're only hearing about it now because complaints are getting traction. It's depressing.

Marie Smith said...

Oh my! It is hard to believe that some men haven’t gotten the message yet! Sad but true!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Disrespect for women knows no political boundaries.

Tasker Dunham said...

The seventies were a different world. The things people said in the office where I worked would get them sacked now.