Saturday, May 20, 2023

Tea for two

A delicious afternoon tea in good company this afternoon. A group of us who are all seventy in this academic year met at Bistrot Pierre in Mumbles.

The only one I knew/remembered was my friend, Vivien, and I was very glad she was there because only she and I ate everything. Everyone else was diabetic, pre-diabetic, had gallstones or heart problems. We two tucked in and demolished the lot.

A tea tray for two people. From the bottom: savoury croissants and sandwiches, jam and cream scones, mini millionaire's tart, eton mess and victoria sponge.


4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Looks delicious! I love a good High Tea myself!

Boud said...

You certainly look younger than your group! It must be the ice cream. That's a nice afternoon tea there. Haven't seen a tiered cake plate in ages.

Anvilcloud said...

Sue has had that happen to some degree -- be out with others who were mostly diabetic.

Ann said...

looks delicious.