Sunday, May 21, 2023

A strange coincidence

Christine, the lady I was sitting next to at the tea party, had been asked by her other neighbour where she was living. Christine mentioned a road and described its location.

I chipped in to say, "We looked at a house there when we moved here. Each room had been decorated with a theme so there was a Blue Room, a Red Room, and so on. The trouble was the owner told us he had nursed his wife to death in the house. I mean, can you imagine anyone buying the house after being told that?"

Christine said, "Our house was decorated like that and the wife had died. He was a dentist."

Now I know what you're thinking: she must have bought the house Liz wouldn't have bought. That would have been the normal thing to think - but it didn't occur to me until this morning when I was telling Husband, who remembered the man we saw had also been a dentist.

"It must have been the same one!"

It was over thirty years ago and what were the chances of us both having been buying a house at that time? I say that in my dopey defence. 

* * * * *

It's another beautiful day here in Mumbles. Italy, on the other hand, is very wet. It's not often it's that way around so I had to mention it.

6 comments:

Boud said...

If nobody would buy a house in which someone had died a lot of houses would go unsold! Including mine. And several others on this street.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Boud's right! It's best not to know what went on anywhere.

By the way, just noticed your new blog sub-title -- hahahahahaha, love it!

Anvilcloud said...

Just for a second there at the end, I thought maybe you lived in Mumbles, Italy. 😀

Liz Hinds said...

I wouldn't have minded but he told us in such detail about looking after his wife through her illness, it put a shadow over the place.

Ann said...

Odd for someone to point out that someone had died in the house. I mean, I'm sure it happens in lots of houses but it really wouldn't be a selling point.

Cop Car said...

Sometimes I need help pulling my foot out of my mouth. I'm better off not talking with strangers. Sorry for your discomfort.