Thursday, May 18, 2023

Out for lunch

Brunch at the Observatory. It's a comparatively recent build but no longer an observatory. Instead it's chic apartments and a cool café, with all sorts of interesting decor and a lovely view.

I chose poached eggs with New York style cavalo nero, pine nuts, chilis, pomegranate, sourdough toast and pretty flowers. I think the chef got a bit carried away with green stuff but it was very tasty. Lots of different flavours
I was happily eating away when a passing waiter stopped and said, "Would you like a napkin?"

I didn't think I was making that much mess! Anyway he brought a pile over. 

It was only brunch so we felt justified in having cake as well. (Tea bag in a cup. Lose marks for that.) And the cake was very light and moist.

I only took one photo of the birthday girl and she had her eyes closed in it but here's an example of the quirky décor. And, yes, we were sitting in aeroplane seats.

So tempted to add an apostrophe.

Back to normal now - until Saturday when I'm going out for afternoon tea. An old girls' reunion. About eight of us who all attended Glanmor Grammar School in the sixties, and who celebrate our seventieth birthdays this academic year.


3 comments:

Boud said...

I read that as Glamour School and wondered briefly if you'd trained as a model. Imagine still being in touch! My school wasn't able to get a single reunion set up, maybe because nobody liked the person trying to organize it, come to think about it. Bit late now.

That looks like an elaborate brunch plate. I think I might have gone straight to cake though, since it does look good.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I would have whipped out a black Sharpie marker and made that correction.

Ole phst Stu said...

Whose bush were they in? Just curious.