Thursday, May 18, 2023

Hope I live that long*

Messaged the surgery again at 7 am. Doctor phoned at 8.30, I had an appointment to see her at 9.30. 

I have a bit of thrush at the back of my mouth but everything else seems okay. She gave me some drops and is sending me for a blood test to rule out underlying conditions. (Terrifying phrase.)

Now I find the problem arises. Next available blood test appointment isn't for two weeks. Apparently there is a national shortage of blood test tubes.

I've made an appointment but, hopefully, I will be better by then anyway.

I went to Zac's straight from the doctor's to oversee setting-up for the lunchtime food service. Our volunteers today are less experienced and I wanted to make sure everything was good to go. Leaving Zac's I saw a man wave. He was walking towards me along the road opposite. I peered at him; he didn't look familiar. But perhaps I should wave back anyway. 

Then I realised he was shaking his inhaler.

In other news, the business bins at the end of Zac's road have special eco- friendly lids. I haven't seen this anywhere else but what a lovely idea.

Note the windows offering Executive Services above Istanbul. That's the brothel we visited regularly until told to stop by the owners.

Just re-read that and realised I should explain. My friend Linda and I wanted to get to know the girls and offer them any help and friendship we could.

Off to lunch now with Daughter and Daughter-in-law to belatedly celebrate D-i-L's 40th birthday.

* I'm sure that emergency patients can get blood tests straightaway. 

5 comments:

Boud said...

I'm glad the throat doesn't seem too serious. The medical world suddenly has a baffling shortage of all sorts of things, from drugs to equipment. Very odd reason for a lab postponement.

Liz Hinds said...

Thanks Boud. It is very odd. I would blame Brexit but apparently it's international.

Ann said...

That terrible that you have to wait that long for blood tests.
I'm glad you explained about the brothel. :)

Anvilcloud said...

I am also antsy this morning about being in line for something that I need to get done more quickly.

Ole phat Stu said...

Nystatin is good agsinst your thrush.