Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Scrabbling around

I called into the charity shop this morning and spotted this.

I adored Junior Scrabble so had to buy it. I just hope all the letters are in it.

Strangely enough I hate grown-up Scrabble. Faced with a collection of letters my vocabulary shrinks to three-letter words. That plus the length of time it takes Husband to come up with his enormous-score word is enough to deter anybody.

There was a very strange smell in the charity shop but, unusually for me, I didn't comment on it to the assistant. It was that sort of dampish musty empty-building smell. But not quite.

6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

"Shrinking vocabulary" happens to me too when I play Scrabble, LOL!

Boud said...

I've never played scrabble, so I'm wondering how a junior version works.

Janie Junebug said...

I haven't played Scrabble in a long time, but I used to love playing it with my daughter when she was home from college on breaks. We usually used all the tiles, or maybe couldn't use one, and our scores were virtually the same, with one of us winning by one or two points. It was fun. We also had Junior Scrabble. The first time I played it with my son, he was probably about eight years old. He was perplexed by it at first. Then I showed him he could make "penis" with his tiles and he loved it from then on.

Love,
Janie

Anonymous said...

A great find. 👍. Some Charity shops do have that smell. Iwe don't have that in the charity i volunteer in, ours is Vintage Boutique. Salvation Army Boutique.

Ole Phat Stu said...

Welsh Scrabble set : LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Ann said...

I'm like you. Put a scrabble board in front of me and 3 letter words are all I can think of. It's been a lot of years since I've played. I wonder if I would like the junior version better.