Saturday, January 29, 2022

Road to hell

Yesterday afternoon and now today I've sat at my computer and played games, checked FaceBook and Twitter, written a blog post, played more games, done Wordle, done my Welsh lesson, checked the BBC to see if he's gone yet, made amendments to my ghost-written book - what do you call a ghost-written autobiography? - played yet more games, and generally done anything to avoid opening my new novel file.

If you recall I began it in November, then put it aside over December, blaming Christmas busyness, saying, "I'll pick it up in the New Year."

Can you call the end of January the New Year still? I think so, don't you? Then again, maybe I'll leave it until February when I'm planning, in that it-seemed-a-good-idea-at-the-time mode, on doing MyWriNoFeb.

Actually now I see that map I realise I need to think about presents for GrandDaughter3 in Italy. After the fiasco of customs charges at Christmas it's going to have to be Amazon shopping. Off I pop!


7 comments:

pam nash said...

When the time is right, the new novel will poke you every minute.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I've been to that island too!

Kathy G said...

I'm on that same road to hell, too. Have a long list of things to do, but choosing to spend time on the Internet :-)

Ole Phat Stu said...

Now you realise why it's a narrow stairway to heaven but a broad highway to hell ;-)

Polly said...

That island looks familiar!

Mauigirl said...

Oh my, procrastination is my lifelong hobby! I relate!

PipeTobacco said...

A ghostography!

:)

PipeTobacco