Monday, January 10, 2022

If the Duchess can do it so can I

Seeing the online features on the Duchess of Cambridge's changing style through the years - she's been on show a lot because it's her fortieth birthday - I thought I'd do a similar run-through. So here goes.
60s, grumpy teenager (left) with trendier cousin - I had big boobs even then


70s, just after student days


80s, mistook becoming a mother for becoming a granny

Used 90s to transform into 00s glamorous mother of the groom!

10s (?), in my natural habitat



20s, no matter what I wear I'm always a granny - and usually with dog biscuits in my pocket too.


I like to think I've grown into myself. I'm not always happy with who I am but overall I'm in a better place.




7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The one thing that doesn't change is your beautiful smile!

Marie Smith said...

You have an energy about you that shows through all the time!

Boud said...

I remember when the granny dress was a thing. It soon ran its course, as people realized it was a pretty unflattering look, even for the beauties.. I wonder how many ended up as nightdresses.

Kathy G said...

Thanks for your fashion retrospective. You're braver than I am.

pam nash said...

Lookin' good from early days to current days!

Adam said...

It's hard to believe she's about to be forty

Debby said...

You were stunning as the mother of the groom! Just beautiful.

Thanks for putting a smile on my face today.