Thursday, January 20, 2022

Do not dessert me

My blogging brain seems to be super active today. 

I've just recorded my next talk for the radio. In it I briefly mention the problem of age and forgetting things. I wrote that when I was growing up nobody warned me to make the most of my brain because, 'It'll desert you when you get old.'

I wrote that sentence and my brain said, 'Desert? Or dessert? It's said like the pudding, should I spell it like that?'

I decided the answer was no but logically it should be. 

And writing the title made me start singing, 'Do not forsake me, o my darling, on this to be our wedding day.'

Which in turn reminds me of another song I was going to mention and the incident that reminded me of it. Stick with me, it'll make sense in a while.

I was driving into town yesterday along the two-lane main road and I overtook a Maserati! Because he was going less than the speed limit so I could. It pleased me anyway. But that reminded me of the song, 'Beep, beep, his horn went beep, beep, beep.'

It was a regular on Children's Favourites on Saturday morning radio with Uncle Mac. Along with classics like Sparky and the Magic Piano, The Ugly Duckling, Hello, Muddah, Hello Faddah, I'm Henery the 8th I am, I am, and so many more.


2 comments:

Boud said...

High noon!! Gary Cooper? I still know all the words, don't get me started. I love songs with a narrative like this one.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I must confess that I could not recall the "Beep beep" at all song until I played that video.