Sunday, September 12, 2021

Careless fingers

Last night, doing my regular beauty regime i.e. rubbing Oil of Ulay in my face, I must have been a little over-enthusiastic as I jabbed my finger up my nose making it bleed.

This morning it was still dribbling if I blew my nose too energetically so I was a bit worried that it might start leaking when I was speaking. We arranged that if Tamsin spotted it she would subtly signal to me.

The talk went fine. I say that; what I mean is I got to the end without losing the plot or dripping blood.

Yesterday while out with the grandchildren I asked GrandDaughter1 what I should wear to do a talk in a church. Unhesitatingly she said, 'Your nice dress. Not the red one, the white and blue one. And wear your Chanel perfume. And put on mascara - but only on your top lashes not the bottom. And don't put it on too thick this time.'

I did as she suggested. I got Husband to take a photo of me so I could show her. George decided to get in on the act.



5 comments:

Marie Smith said...

You look lovely. Wise granddaughter.

Cop Car said...

Fresh, breezy, and totally appropriate, Liz. Wise woman who listens to younger advisor.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

GrandDaughter1 is a true fashionista!

Polly said...

Well done granddaughter, you look lovely. I like your dress.

Leslie: said...

Ditto Granddaughter- excellent taste.