Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Granny Days

Depressing end to the Lions rugby tour of South Africa on Saturday so we'll pass over that quickly. It has been lovely going to Elder Son's house to watch the games (on pay tv) and being fed. Always appreciated.

Sunday, everyone came to us for dinner. the children were wonderful and entertained themselves quietly! So for once I was able to sit with the grown-ups and enjoy an adult conversation. That doesn't happen often.

Oh yes, forgot to mention the first of the summer Granny Days. In the past I've tried to spend time in the holidays with individual grandchildren - now there are five living locally it's going to be a challenge. On Friday I took GrandSon3 to the local pottery place. We sat in the park and painted plates to be glazed and baked. Then we took in a round of crazy golf - must mention that on the hardest station I got a hole in two - before picking up pizza and cake as requested by GrandSon for lunch.

Yesterday we had the second such day. This time it was GrandDaughter1. Before Younger Son and family left she suggested we have a girls' day out and treat ourselves as I'd be feeling sad. We finally settled on a manicure for her and massage for me (at the same time in the same beauty parlour). That was after we'd spent a couple of hours in town shopping. In two hours GrandDaughter1 spent more on skin care products than I spend in a year. She also knows what to do with them, and has a daily skin care regime. Now if I'd had that maybe I wouldn't be so wrinkly!

Hot pink gel nails for GrandDaughter1.When I booked the appointment I asked for a luxury manicure for her, and a back and head massage for me. When we got there it turned out she was booked in for a basic manicure and I was only in for a back massage. 

I spent the first ten minutes of my massage hoping GrandDaughter wouldn't be disappointed. Then I suddenly remembered a receipt I had thrown away erroneously and panicked as it was 'put out the recycling' night and I feared Husband would have already emptied the bin before I got home. 

After that though I sort of relaxed ...

I'm not ideal massage material.

Zac's on the beach last night and by the time we left to come home I was shivering and cold through. Autumn draws in methinks, but I hope not fully just yet.

Today exercise followed by bulk chilli cooking and recording my next talk. And that's me up to date. 

Think I'll go and read a little now.

Thinking about taking GrandSon2 to the climbing wall in the leisure centre for his Granny Day. I'm just hoping he doesn't expect me to shimmy up the wall with him.

3 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Great idea to spend time with the kids individually like that. Ours love it too.

Janie Junebug said...

The granddaughter's nails look lovely. It's great that you spend time with them one-on-one.

Love,
Janie

Polly said...

I think you are a lovely granny. Your grandchildren will appreciate the one to one time spent with you.