Saturday, July 17, 2021

The shock of shopping

In Sainsburys by 8 this morning for my first shop since lockdown 1. I wouldn't have been here today except I didn't book a Click and Collect slot early enough to get what I needed when I needed it.

First hiccup - apart from my early-morning-trance-like state - I'd forgotten I needed a token or coin to unlock a trolley. AS I had neither I had to go and borrow one from Customer Services.

Then I realised I'd forgotten my bags so had to go back to car.

Ended spending longer than I had planned shopping as I had to keep going back and for looking for things. And I forgot I was supposed to weigh and price my loose fruit and veg.

Phooey, it's back to Click and Collect for me in future. Let someone else who's paid for it take the stress.

Think I might go back to bed now ... or lie in sun and read. Yes, that's good idea before it gets too hot for me.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, shopping is a specialized ritual, isn't it!

Marie Smith said...

I hate shopping to but I’ve never used the shopping service. Maybe it’s time.

Cop Car said...

How soon we forgot how to do the every-day. I used shopping services until we were fully vaccinated since which time I've slowly gotten back into the swim. I hate shopping; but, I hate depending upon others even worse.