Monday, June 07, 2021

Failure to swallow

Had a check-up at the dentist this morning. The first one since lockdown1. As we were leaving the house Husband said, 'Have you got your mask?'

'Oh no, but wait ...'

Yes of course I had to take it off when in the dentist's chair.  

I get ridiculously stressed when having to visit the dentist. As it was, just as he said, 'Open wide,' I decided to have a quick swallow, and then I panicked and couldn't remember how to swallow. You know what it's like: you want to swallow but the mechanism fails to switch on automatically. 

I'm sure it's happened to you too. 

Anyway all is well on the tooth front. Also pleased to report that foot is fine (but finger still painful.) 



7 comments:

PipeTobacco said...

Dentist trips are rough! For my TMJ (temporomandibular joint disorder) they now will happily shove into my jaw a couple of rubber bumpers to help me keep my jaw open during cleaning and inspection. Glad your visit went well and at least your foot feels better..... hopefully finger soon too!

PipeTobacco

Christine said...

A necessary evil

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I hope your finger heals soon so all of you will be back in the pink!

Ole Phat Stu said...

Dentist trips are often boring, too (th).

Marie Smith said...

I hate that urge to swallow when sat in the dentist’s chair. It feels like I will choke.

Liz Hinds said...

Thanks, PipeTobacco.

Sadly, yes, Christine.

Not yet, Debra.

Indeed they are, Stu.

I'm glad someone else suffers, Marie.

Tams said...

Ha ha ha
You make me laugh Liz ♥️