Friday, April 23, 2021

Born to Run

When learning new Welsh vocabulary I try to find an association with its meaning. So adael I remember because it is a bit like leave backwards. Worry is boeni, which in my head suggests good, so you wouldn't have to worry. Amau is to suspect. I hear myself saying 'Am I (suspicious)?

Makes perfect sense, right?

* * * * * *

Lovely weather this week. A bit of breeze on most days but very warm in sheltered spots. This morning we visited the bluebell woods. Last year we went without George because he can't manage the big hill but this year we worked out a plan: drive to the little car park near the top and walk from there so George can come too.

It did make me realise how far we used to walk on a daily basis and how short our walks are now in comparison. But the bluebells were lovely. I am incapable of getting a good photo of the crowd of them - the photo just never lives up to their beauty - so I stuck to closer-up shots on the whole. These are just two of the umpteen I took - and soon deleted.


Wednesday afternoon by comparison was a bit cloudy so I spent in the kitchen.

Giant cookies and date flapjacks for Zac's (minus a few we had to sample to make sure they were okay.)


And enormous pizzas for our dinner.

I must remember the recipe makes enough for four. (I did freeze one third of the dough by the way. We're not that big piggies.) 

* * * * * * *
Other than that I am feeling a bit more alive and alert than I have done recently. I think I must have been run-down or something as I was definitely lacking oomph, which thankfully seems to have returned now.

Bible study on Tuesday went fine but not one of the most gripping evenings I felt. Whether that was due to the topic or the presenter I'm not sure. Onwards and upwards.

Time to go and lie in the sunshine now I think. I shall take Born to Run, Springsteen's autobiography with me.

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love bluebells. I haven't seen them in the wild for much too long.

Marie Smith said...

George must have enjoyed the walk. The bluebells are so delicate and pretty.

pam nash said...

It does make perfect sense. That's the way experts will teach you to remember names (a must when you are in sales) - associate the name/person with something familiar. I love bluebells.

Janie Junebug said...

All of your kitchen labors look delicious.

Love,
Janie

PipeTobacco said...

Darn....

I thought I was going to read that you missed your running and decided to pick it up again!!! :)

Your pizzas look very tempting!

PipeTobacco