Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Always the bridesmaid

Looking through the photos to find some of John I came across a bundle of wedding photos. I was reminded that, at one time, I feared it would be 'Always the bridesmaid but never the bride,' for me. (I was, comparatively, very late to start going out with boys.)

1961, cousin Carol and Bob's wedding on 27th December, peach velvet puff sleeved dresses - freezing cold weather. Me, seated front left with cousins Lynne and Susan behind me.
Sue's wedding to Tudor. Lynne, me and someone else, looking rather like 'Three Little Maids from School.' 

Spencer's wedding to Margaret. Me on left, Lynne on right




6 comments:

Terra said...

I love that white lace bride dress in the first photo. Nice to see the wedding photos and think back to that time.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

As bridesmaids' dresses go, those aren't TOO bad! I've never been a bridesmaid nor a bride. That's a good thing in my book anyway.

Boud said...

These are very presentable dresses. Unlike some I've worn. And the headpieces look nice, too. Usually taste is the first casualty of a wedding. Your family were definitely on the right side here.

Marie Smith said...

Love the old wedding photos!

Janie Junebug said...

I love the three maids in pink dresses. I was a flower girl at the ripe old age of 6 or 7, and then a bridesmaid at 15. I think I have both dresses in my cedar chest.

Love,
Janie

Tams said...

Lovely photos Liz x