Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Mea culpa

So, last Wednesday, Monty who'd missed bible study the night before - for a football match of all things, shock, horror! - and the Swans didn't even win! - messaged me saying he was leading the study this week and checking how far we'd got. 'I'm doing chapter 12, is that right?' he said.

'Yes,' said I merrily, knowing we'd finished a chapter the night before.

Last night, at about half past seven (or 7.33 precisely as Monty corrected me), with study due to start at eight, I realised that the chapter we'd finished had been ten meaning we were on chapter ...um ... eleven this week, not chapter twelve.

I had to break the bad news.

'Um, Monty ...'

But he is a star and an ex-teacher so pretty good at - I was going to say waffling but that suggests it was irrelevant but his words were great and appropriate. 

I'd have thrown a total wobbly if it had been me in that position!

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Not too much fazes teachers -- they've seen it all!

Marie Smith said...

Teachers are definitely adaptable!