Thursday, March 04, 2021

Whoopie!

GrandDaughter1 and I made chocolate chip whoopie pies yesterday (via google.meet). My recipe book has a number of variations for them and as I've never eaten one I wanted to try them. 

They didn't look quite as neat as the picture in the book but tasted okay. Not worth the bother though. I will stick to fairy cakes in future.

They're going to Zac's today along with what is left of the sultana bread I also made. Husband and I might have had a couple of (large) slices of it last night with our cup of tea.

The recipe is actually called Canadian Malt Loaf but there's no malt in it. It's very similar to the Welsh bara brith but that tends to include candied peel, which I dislike intensely. So I think of this as my version of bara brith.


1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Well, it all looks delicious to me! "Canadian malt"? And there's no malt in it? Hmmmm.