Thursday, March 04, 2021

Miss Benson and her beetle

 

On World Book Day I am reading Miss Benson's Beetle. Set in 1950 it tells how Miss Benson one day decides to give up her mundane life in a school to go in search of a never-found beetle.

It's not what I expected - although I'm not sure what that was - but it is absolutely delightful, albeit with sombre undertones. I am about three-quarters of the way through and alongside the humour provided by one of the main characters there is danger lurking, and as well as unexpected revelations.

Fascinating and recommended. 



And here's a memory from 2016 when GrandDaughter1 had a Harry Potter themed party. I went as the slightly potty Professor Trelawney.



2 comments:

Marie Smith said...

What a fun party. Our girls would love that as well.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, you look great! Love the hair and glasses -- you totally have her look! My Rare One and I went to a Harry Potter themed Halloween party once. We both went as faculty witches. I was sort of a generic witch-professor but My Rare One went as the quidditch instructor.