Saturday, February 20, 2021

In bed this morning Husband said, 'It's amazing how much alloys have changed in our life times.'

And he expected an answer from me. Sometimes I think he doesn't know me very well at all.

It all started with the paint. 

Remember the hall decorating job? Yes, so we need a small tin of paint which led to Husband saying, 'Nobody calls them paint tins any more.' And from there it was all downhill.

Today, finding myself unexpectedly with free time (okay, I could be cleaning), I decided to tackle the mess in the dining-room that has been a storage room since the decorating started and we had to empty Uncle's flat.

I have ventured into cupboards I have literally not been in for years. And I am trying hard to be ruthless. It stand to reason that if I haven't used what's in the cupboard for years, I probably don't need it. But ...

No, I am doing well. It's only the occasional sentimental burst that is making me hang on to things.


6 comments:

nick said...

I guess someone has to take an interest in changing alloys, so it might as well be Mike.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Alloys? WTF? Men!!!! (*shakes head in disbelief*)

Ole Phat Stu said...

Progress is fast Liz.
When my paternal grandmother was a child, the Wright brothers had not yet flown.
She was still alive when men landed on the moon. Progress!

Marie Smith said...

I understand those comments from your husband. I live with similar ones!

Cop Car said...

As surprising as the change in alloys is the extent to which plastic products have replaced metal products - I was reminded of bed springs by your first paragraph. I find the most remarkable progress in the organic sciences. I remember reading the report on the design of the human DNA sequencing project just about 25 years ago, with amazement.

My father was born just 6 years after the Wright flight. Just think what my 10 & 11 year old great grandsons will see.

LL Cool Joe said...

You know you been with someone a long time when they start talking about alloys and paint in bed. :D