Monday, February 22, 2021

Well, I didn't cry

Second run completed.

Still hate it but at least I wasn't crying by the time I reached the Blackpill paddling pool (down the road and along a bit).

I paced myself a bit better and managed to jog steadily - very slowly - for the first half and intermittently on the way back, interspersed with brisk walking. Still can't see the point of running. But feel quite pleased with myself.

My heart monitor told me I did 2 miles in 29 minutes and 49 seconds. I'm not going to win any races but I'm still alive, which I consider a bonus.

It also says: What a session! You improved your sprint speed and the nervous system of your muscles, which make you more efficient.

They obviously say things like that to encourage you! And it works.


4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Congrats!

Marie Smith said...

Well done! No heart attack and time improvement!

Anonymous said...

Once again, from the comfort of my sofa, allow me to offer you my whole-hearted congratulations.

Janie Junebug said...

Coming out alive is always a plus.

Love,
Janie