Thursday, October 08, 2020

Together we make one whole - almost

Husband was looking for a replacement toothbrush head. I said, 'Look in the cupboard under the bathroom sink.'

'I've looked and it's not there.'

Knowing how Husband looks for things I thought I'd check to be sure. I sat on the floor so I could have a good rummage. First thing I took out was the toothbrush replacement head pack.

Remember I said yesterday that I suspected I would be suffering from achy legs today? Well, I am. The front of my thighs in particular. Having found the required part I held out my hand to Husband.

I can find things but can't get up; he can't find things but can help me up.

Between us we make a complete person.

6 comments:

Cop Car said...

At the risk of type-casting I'll say, "Typical." I think that husbands have the ability of substituting a blank screen for the whole world when seeking an item. That would explain the 18-20 cans of wasp killer spray that I found in Hunky Husband's garage back in 1990 when I moved back to Kansas. That is just one example of his response to being unable to find something - buy another! We still have a lifetime supply of duct tape. Some years ago I "forbade" his running out to buy something he can't find at home - for all of the good it did me.

Cop Car said...

P.S. We still have two cans of wasp spray - which I strongly advise Hunky Husband against using.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's what that romantic cliche "You complete me" REALLY means!

Liz Hinds said...

Too familiar, CopCar!

Totally, Debra!

pam nash said...

That's always good - each with a talent the other needs help with.

Marie Smith said...

My husband and are make one person too. Works okay for now.