Sunday, September 20, 2020

Official portrait of George

 Just like the Queen, George likes to have an official portrait on his birthday. Today he is thirteen.

We love him very much, and I think he is extremely handsome.

To celebrate George's birthday Husband is cooking Sunday dinner for me tonight. (Okay, it's just a coincidence it's his birthday.) Last Sunday, around lunchtime, we were walking and sometimes you can smell Sunday lunch being prepared. We couldn't last week but my mind was already thinking about it and I said, 'I would just love to sit down to a Sunday dinner made for me. A proper Sunday roast.'

'Okay, Husband said, 'I'll cook you one next week.'

Bear in mind that he has never cooked a roast before. I think he must have cooked chicken and veg but never a full roast beef and Yorkshire pudding dinner. I am so looking forward to it. Photos to follow.

* * * * *

I scraped someone else's car in Sainsburys car park yesterday. I left a note on the window screen and drove home feeling sick, dreading Husband's reaction and what sort of phone call I might get from the car owners.

Husband wasn't happy but he was resigned, and when the lady phoned she was very nice. Phew. I still think I should give up driving. Or maybe give up parking as it's been getting out of a car park that I've scratched the car twice over the last few years.

6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Happy Birthday, George! Long may you reign.

My little car has a number of little scrapes, dings and scratches acquired over the past few years due to my tendency to cut things just a little too close sometimes. Luckily the other parties involved have always just been walls, posts, etc., not other vehicles. I don't even bother getting them fixed. They add character to my car.

Terra said...

How good of your hubby to cook a roast and Sunday meal for you two. Your dog is very handsome at age 13, long live the king.

Polly said...

Happy birthday George. He is handsome, and looks very good for his age. I hate getting out of my car when parked next to another. One time when it was very windy I just managed to catch the door in time.

Marie Smith said...

Happy birthday, George, you beauty!

I am always nervous driving the car but that doesn’t help my driving. Wish I could drive with more confidence.

Cop Car said...

Happy that your car had such small impact on the other car. Parking lots are the worst! (Since 1960, I've managed to back into a light post, a tree, and a car - in addition to which I slid for about 100 feet downhill, on ice, front-end first into a dumpster.) Since buying a car with a rear-view camera, I've managed to back up unimpeded - and I've become much more leery of iced parking lots.

pam nash said...

Happy Birthday George. You are a fine looking fellow!