Wednesday, February 26, 2020

A bit of spit

Leading bible study in Zac's last night I was doing my 'listen to this amazing fact' bit and said, 'Did you know that spit has antibiotic qualities?'
As a man they all nodded and said, 'Yes, of course. That's why mothers spit on their hankies to wipe children's cuts.'

I thought they were just wiping the blood off. I only found out about the antibiotic qualities thanks to Stu's comment on a previous post.

But it doesn't explain why I spit on my fingers and flatten Husband's hair.

7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Spit is very versatile.

Marie Smith said...

The styling powers of spit! Lol.

Stu said...

Oh come on, Liz, YOU only knew that because I told you in detail!

Liz Hinds said...

Absolutely, stu. It turned out I was the only person who hadn't known it.

No end of uses, Debra and Marie.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

I still have nightmares of spitwashes. You didn't even had to be bleeding, you just had to have been travelling on a steam train, smuts and all.

Terra said...

This post is a first in blogland, the first I have read about spit. Smile.

Liz Hinds said...

Oh, yes, Sonata, very good for smut.

Yay! A first! Thank you, Terra.