Friday, October 25, 2019

A little procrastination

After a really busy week I finally have a 'writing' day. So naturally I am doing everything I can to put off the moment when I start to write.

Not strictly true. I spent about ninety minutes this morning working on my next article for Bay magazine. Then I paused and thought, 'I'm not sure if this is what I want to write.'

So now I am in middling land. Perhaps I will do some research instead as I'm leading bible study on Tuesday. I love research especially all the strange paths it takes me along, unrelated to the topic I'm supposed to be finding out about but fascinating nevertheless.

Some time later
You see? I got distracted. Went off to look up the origins of Sabbath, read all about Henry Ford and weekends, and ended up making notes for an entirely different blog post about someone else. This is also the problem I have when writing an article: I meander off the subject down little side lanes I find interesting but which take the reader away from the point of the piece. 

I think I'll have a banana.

6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Remember, "not all who wander are lost."

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Not procrastination so much as research.

Liz Hinds said...

Then again, Debra, I probably am.

Good thinking, sonata. Must learn to speak positively.

Anonymous said...

a banana always helps. a little potassium never hurts.
raining softly here and I'm in heaven. xo

Marie Smith said...

Having so much information at our fingertips today, it is easy to get side tracked.

PipeTobacco said...

I so understand the ease to wander, instead of writing. My sympathies and understanding.

PipeTobacco