Saturday, October 26, 2019

The real reason England won today

Judith asked me on FaceBook if my lucky underwear was clean. It's a good job she asked: I discovered it still in the dirty clothes basket! 

It is, as I write, in the washing machine ready for tomorrow's game against South Africa. If I am not wearing the complete set - Wales socks, red knickers and Wales jumper - the team struggles, and we definitely don't want to struggle against the Springboks.

Now before you pooh-pooh the idea that my underwear could affect the result of a game let me tell you something.

New Zealand, who've won the world cup the last two times, went in to today's game as favourites. But England beat them. A resounding win. A game that will go down in the annals of sporting history as a 'heroic victory.'

And I was wearing my carefully-chosen white knickers. A coincidence? I don't think so.

Maro Itoje, Man of the Match

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Nations quail before the power of your knickers! Good luck to Wales tomorrow.

Liz Hinds said...

Thank you, Debra!

Marie Smith said...

Ahhh...I was rooting for NZ but England would be ok too.