Tuesday, October 22, 2019

A weighty shock

Husband and I are both in the habit of weighing every Tuesday morning first thing. For some time now our scales has given our weight in kg. I'm not sure how that happened and I can't work out how to change it back to stones and pounds. That's fine for a week-to-week comparison but, because I have no idea what it is in stones, I've been able to bury my head in the sand regarding my weight.

Last night at Slimming World they told me my weight in stones and pounds. It was a very unpleasant experience. The most I've weighed for years. I knew I'd put on a bit of weight but hadn't realised how much.

So I've signed up - and paid - for twelve weeks (only pay for ten - bargain) which including holidays takes me to the end of January. I am committed. 

6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, sounds like your resolve is firm!

Liz Hinds said...

For now. It will weaken but I must be strong!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Well done! Every time I sign up for three months more exercise classes, I regret it. I really, really don't want to go anymore but feel that it's mean to stop... there's nothing wrong with me!

Marie Smith said...

Good luck! Determination helps.

Anonymous said...

You are doing OK, Liz, if you can tolerate weighing that frequently. Every few weeks works for me!

As to memberships: One just has to be careful that the place isn't about to go belly up. Years ago, I broke down and purchased a "Lifetime" membership in a gym in Albuquerque. Within three months, it went out of business. Darn! It was within walking distance of my house (about 1 mile)!

Let us know when it is appropriate for us to laud your progress.
; )
Cop Car

Liz Hinds said...

Sonata, but think what it does for your health. I don't want to go to exercise but I know it is doing me good.

It will be when the weight fails to drop off as they promise that i will need determination, Marie.

This is a class not a gym, CopCar, and in the event of this one stopping there are others locally so I think I'm safe - unfortunately.