Monday, March 06, 2017

But I haven't forgotten the ashes

It's a good job I am aware of my own weaknesses.

Packing for our trip I thought I'd better pack a spare funeral dress in case I spilled something on the first one.

Just as well I did as, unpacking, I discover I haven't packed funeral dress number 1. Or my favourite funeral dress as I like to call it.

I had better make jolly sure I don't drop anything on it.

Speaking of clothes, we were driving out of Sainsbury's car park yesterday when we stopped to let a woman cross with her trolley. She was wearing a grey tweed skirt, black tights and boots, and a neat jacket. In other words she was dressed as I would have been had I been a solicitor. Only she was smarter.

Do people actually dress like that on their days off?


2 comments:

nick said...

Yes, some people always dress as if they're off to some upscale professional office. I think they're scared of being seen as one of the hoi-polloi. It happens a lot in Belfast, especially among elderly ladies.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

No , dressing up consists of checking that my shoes match and I've combed my hair .