Wednesday, March 08, 2017

Random jottings

Sunday: travel to Bridport, Dorset.
Monday: attend funeral; travel to Nottingham.
Tuesday: attend funeral; travel home.

Advice to young people: when choosing a spouse think ahead. Is this the sort of person who will drive you around the country to funerals when you are old?

Dorset is so posh they have deer and pheasants in their fields rather than sheep and starlings.

I wonder if the residents of Puddlebridge regret not building a higher bridge.

Is there an unwritten law that says that every Welsh/Welsh connection funeral must end with Guide me, O Thou Great Redeemer? Four funerals, four renderings. 

Other randomness occurred to me while travelling but, needless to say, it didn't hang around in my brain.

By the way, this is yesterday's post today. The next post will be today's.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

That's funny, although good advice to think ahead when marrying. Oh, if I had known! LOL!